Tuesday 18 December 2012

Album art examples


For the accompanying ancillary texts to my promotional music video, I am going to create the front, back, inside sleeve and CD design as part of a digipak, including original images. I am also going to create a magazine advertisement for the digipak. Here are some images that I have chosen of influential album covers within the alternative genre.



















These examples of album artwork shows us that there are a number of possibilities for alternative album covers, it could be a picture of the band itself in an everyday location such as the Clash and Beatles album covers, or a more abstract photograph of the band such as the Doors album cover. Another popular artistic choice for album covers is a thought-provoking or unusual image that's meaning is down to interpretation or has certain connotations such as the Nevermind album cover.

For my digipak I am not going to use a photo of band, rather I will use quite an abstract image with the name of the band and single on the front. I will then use stills from the music video along with some original black and white images of the band members to use within the gatefold of my digipak.






No comments:

Post a Comment