Thursday 31 January 2013

Album front cover


For the front cover of the album I wanted to create something that shows relation to the genre of music which the band belong to and that is psychedelia. I started with a simple original image of a cat that I had taken, I then manipulated it in multiple different ways using Adobe Photoshop technology and blended it into a colourful patterned background. I then took an image of a cartoon eye and a cartoon image of a Egyptian goddess and warped them around an imaginary spiral near the edge of the picture; I then faded them and changed their colour until they are only barely recognisable. After that I used the hobo font (which I will use again on my magazine advert) and warped the writing to create the psychedelic style of writing that is familiar on many 60's albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment